There have been massive changes to your favourite match-ups this year. A ton of your favourite games have been cancelled or pushed back. Heading to the big game isn’t on the cards, so here’s a few ideas for enjoying sports events at home.
With a bunch of sporting events going ahead behind closed doors, you can still watch them. But you won’t get that stadium atmosphere that’s a big part of what makes these events so great. So, we’ve put together a few ideas to get that feeling from the comfort of your own home.
Re-Watch a Classic and Discover New Teams
The idea of supporting a new team might seem a little blasphemous. But with some leagues coming back, and others still on hold, checking out another league is a great way to get your sports fix.
Whatever your sport, there’s plenty of historic moments to re-visit. From legendary world cup finals to big boxing match, re-watching them with fresh eyes offers huge entertainment value. Dress for the occasion by cracking on a retro kit to get in the mood for a classic .
Whatever you decide to watch, invest in a top tier set up so you can experience the events properly. From 4K TV’s, to surround sound systems that will make you feel like part of the crowd, it can really amp up the enjoyment.
- Richer Sounds have a ton of excellent electricals that can really amp up your viewing experience.
- Get your sports fix with the NowTV Sports Pass, where you’ll find the latest games.
- Virgin Media offers TV packages that have the latest in sport, so you can be in-the-know with the latest games.
Play Out the Sports Events Yourself
There are a ton of sports video games out there. From FIFA and NFL to NBA and UFC games, you can play out the biggest sports events at home. You can play out the fixtures you’re missing, or recreate a tournament from back in the day.
If you’re not big on video games, get into the garden and play out some of the biggest match-ups yourself. Whether you want to set up a family football tournament, or have a back-garden Olympics, it’s fun for the whole family.
Pick a team to represent and get kitted out , or set up games like tug of wars or an egg and spoon race for a day of family fun in the sun. It’s a great way to stay active and get a little sporty.
- Under Armour have all the essentials you need for back-garden sports and activities.
- Game is the place to stock up on sports video games, so you can play out the big match yourself.
- Represent your team by wearing their colours, Sports Direct have all the latest kits for your favourite teams.
Get Into That Match-Day Head Space
A big part of the match-day enjoyment is having your friends around. So, get them on a video call, so you can experience the big game together, or get your family around to watch so you can be part of the crowd. You can even have a post-match breakdown discussion, for a little post-game banter.
So, kit yourself out in your favourite teams’ colours, dig out the scarf and stick on some ambient stadium sounds for a little extra authenticity. Deck the house with your teams’ colours, whether it’s merch, or home décor. It can make a big difference to your viewing experience.
One benefit of watching from home is you can get comfortable, so get into your favourite chair, get cosy, and enjoy the show.
- You can find your marvellous merchandise at your favourite team’s official store, whether it’s Manchester United, Liverpool or Arsenal.
- Wayfair offers a ton of home décor options so you can inject a little of that stadium-vibe into your house.
- Dunelm has some fantastic furniture so you can watch in comfort and make the most of your viewing experience.
Whip up a Batch of Big Game Snacks
A big part of the big game experience is the food, so eat like you’re sat in the stands. From hot dogs and burgers to sausage rolls and scotch eggs, you can up your cooking game, or grab them from the shop.
For something more adventurous, you can bake up a bowl of halloumi fries, or go a little Tex-Mex with some loaded nachos. Whatever you’re eating, it’s got to be finger-food to get the authentic stadium-vibe.
Get the drinks in, whether it’s from the supermarket, or you treat yourself to the ‘on-tap’ experience with a home bar and a keg from Beerwulf or Beer Hawk.
- Asda will have everything you need to whip up a batch yourself, or have it pre-made for convenience.
- Get in some Domino’s pizza for a big night of food and football.
- Head over to Iceland, where you can find tons of tasty treats that will make perfect game-time snacks.
Enjoy Yourself Some Sports Events at Home
So, whether you’re looking for the ultimate home viewing experience, or you fancy getting out in the garden, there’s plenty of options to get that match-day feeling from the comfort of your own house. And if you do head outside for a game in the garden, it’s a great way to keep yourself and the family active.