Essential Tools for your Toolbox
A well-equipped toolbox is something that every DIY enthusiast should own. Having the basic tools to tackle emergency projects around the home is essential.
Choose Quality Tools
If you want to ensure every DIY job you tackle is done well, you need the right tools for the job. But not just any old tools or the cheapest you can find. Cheap tools can break. You need quality tools from established brand names with a good reputation. High quality craftsman’s tools are durable hard-wearing, and usually,come with a lifetime warranty.
Build Your Tool Kit
It’s not necessary to rush out and buy a full selection of tools just to do one job. Building your tool kit piece by piece makes much more sense. Buying individual tools as when you need them saves you spending a lot of money in one go.
The Essential Tools:
A good quality, solid hammer has many uses and an asset to every home. It can also be used for small demolition jobs or something as simple as hanging a picture. A claw hammer is heavy enough for most home repairs, but also light enough to carry around with you. Choose a claw hammer that has a durable synthetic handle as wood handles can break.
It’s sensible to pick out a flathead screwdriver and a Philips screwdriver too. The flathead version has a single blade that fits into the slot of a flathead screw. This versatile tool can also be used for prying, scraping and nudging.
Choose a variety of different sizes so that you always have the tool you need. A Phillips head screwdriver has a four-star point at the tip, which fits into cross-shaped screws. The design allows you to apply more pressure than with a flathead screwdriver. Again, select varying sizes.
A super versatile crescent wrench is an adjustable wrench that works like a multi-purpose tool. The sliding jaw changes the width of the wrench so that you can use it for different tasks. If your project requires the tightening and loosening of many different sized nuts and bolts, you are likely to require a socket wrench. The socket wrench has a ratcheting mechanism that allows you to tighten nuts without removing and refitting the wrench. Select a socket wrench with a few extenders.
The utility knife’s ultra sharp blade makes it a handy tool to have in your kit. It can easily tackle numerous tasks that require cutting or scraping.
To complete your tool kit, you will also need to buy the following:
Needle nose pliers
A cordless drill and bits
A spirit level
A tape measure
A strong, solid and waterproof box to store all of your tools in.
Whatever DIY task you have set your sights on, you will find all the quality tools you need at Wickes. So don’t forget to take advantage of our vouchers and save yourself some cash.
How do I apply my Wickes discount code?
Follow our easy Wickes voucher code instructions and save money on your next shop.
- Click to reveal the Wickes promo code on the MyVoucherCodes Wickes page. A separate window will appear, displaying the correct code to copy
- MyVoucherCodes will automatically transfer you to the Wickes website
- Browse the Wickes website to find the homeware and building materials you require. Then add them to your shopping basket
- When you’ve finished browsing, click on the shopping basket button at the top right hand corner of the website
- Please ensure the discount code is valid for all the items in your shopping basket
- Check that your order is correct, then proceed to checkout
- Follow the instructions until you reach the payment page
- Once you get to the checkout page, apply your Wickes discount code by adding it to the box and clicking apply
- Wait for the order total to change. You can then make your purchase and wait for your brand new Wickes items to be delivered
How can I save more money on my Wickes shop?
Save even more cash on your next Wickes shop with our insider hints and tips.
- Found the same item you’re after cheaper elsewhere? Wickes will match the cost with their price match promise
- Keep an eye on the Wickes offers page for some fabulous money saving deals
- Get free delivery on the day of your choice on orders over £75
- Rather than splashing out on expensive tools, consider hiring them from Wickes instead to save money
- Avoid delivery fees by opting for click and collect from 230 stores nationwide. Your order will be ready to be picked up in just one hour
- Changed your mind about your purchase? Wickes offers free returns within 30 days
- Pay just £2.95 postage on small parcels
- Sign up to the Wickes newsletter to keep up to date with the latest deals and offers
- Check out the clearance section for some huge cut price bargains
- Visit Wickes’ Facebook page, Twitter page and Pinterest page for exciting offers
- Save extra cash by using MyVoucherCodes’ Wickes discount codes on your next order
What seasonal offers do Wickes have?
Soak in the SavingsTo help you create the kind of bathroom you’ve been dreaming of since you moved in, the Wickes Winter Sale brings the offers. There’s a massive selection of showroom bathrooms to choose from and a fantastic discount on installation to help get you plumbed in.
With a free design appointment and the price match promise you can build the perfect sanctuary for you and know you’ll be getting a top deal.
You don’t need to re-do the whole room if you want to save. There are amazing deals a collection of taps and fixtures to make sure you save on the finishing touches.
Cook Up Some New Years SavingsIf a new kitchen is at the top of your list this year, the January Sale can save you a fortune. The offers on showroom kitchens make it easier to upgrade throughout January. And with a superb discount on installation, there are savings all across the process.
You can refresh your kitchen without scrapping the whole thing. There are deals on worktops that come in a massive range of colours to make sure you get the look you’ve been picturing. There are even savings on top appliances to help kit your new kitchen out with the best ovens and fridges around.
Finish That ProjectIf you’re the handy sort, the Spring Sale promises superb savings on all the essentials to get the job done. There are amazing deals on power tools to make sure you’re geared up and ready to go.You’ll also find offers on all the building materials you need if you’re in the trade. Whether that’s wood or copper pipes, the savings will see you through to the end of your project.
One of the best times of year to shop is the Easter Bank Holiday Weekend. Prices come right down so make sure you check it out.
Suns Out Tools OutAs soon as the sun arrives it’s time to crack on with all those projects you’ve had on hold. The Summer Sale will help you get out in the garden to sort out the jungle.You can expect incredible deals on everything from fencing to furniture. It’s a great time to get ready for the summer barbeques and long nights.
Make sure you’re bagging a top saving by shopping the clearance section. There are loads of lines waiting in there and all with massive discounts.
Whatever you’re getting done this year, make sure you save by checking out the latest Wickes deals on MyVoucherCodes.