Be ShamelessThis year, MyVoucherCodes is encouraging you to buck the trend, look out for number one, and #BeShameless with your shopping.
Christmas is for them. Your boyfriend, your sister, your lovely mum and even the neighbour’s dog. At Xmas time – everyone gets a gift, and you’re shopping till you’re dropping for your nearest and dearest. But what we want to know is – what about you?
Whether you’ve smashed another year of school runs, got through a quarter without having a breakdown at work, or managed to stick to at least one of your ambitious New Year's Resolutions in 2019, you deserve a treat.
It’s time to put yourself first for once and Black Friday is the perfect opportunity for you to be shameless, with all your favourite retailers offering incredible deals, slashing prices and letting you nab some new bits for a whopping discount.
Head to John Lewis for incredible Black Friday deals on your electricals – treat yourself to a new coffee machine or perhaps those fancy hair straighteners you’ve been eyeing up.
If it’s fast deals you want, Amazon is the place to go. You’ll find a huge selection of goodies up to 90% off in the ‘Lightning Deals’ page which updates regularly – so there’s plenty of opportunities to #BeShameless.
If you missed the boat for Black Friday, fear not – because you can be super shameless on Cyber Monday too! Deals are for life honey, not just for Christmas – and tis the season to splash your cash in a flash until the end of Monday 2nd December.
What Is Black Friday?Starting in 1869 in the New York Gold Exchange, Black Friday has since transformed into a shopping extravaganza each November, taking over the world as retailers compete to slash prices and sell record numbers of products, going bigger and better every year.
Black Friday has quickly become the UK’s biggest shopping day of the year, beating the Boxing Day sales by a mile. Marking the beginning of the Christmas shopping season, it’s the perfect opportunity to snap up a whole host of amazing deals both online and in the shops. Grab huge discounts on toys, fashion, gadgets and more from all your favourite retailers, as all the big-name brands join in with the mayhem!
When Is Black Friday 2019?This year, the shopping event will be on Friday 29th November 2019, but many retailers are expected to kick off deals much earlier. Keep an eye out on your favourite shops for their promotional campaigns and save the date to make some great savings.
How long do the Black Friday Sales last?Deals can begin as early as 12 days before the official Black Friday launch, as Amazon has previously done. Many shops will carry on their sales through the weekend, right up until Monday 2nd December – also known as Cyber Monday – while some will keep the frenzy going until mid December.
Top Black Friday Tips
- Try to shop in the early hours - avoid shopping after 9am as retailer websites will be clogged up with 9-5ers.
- Take advantage of Black Friday deals to buy Christmas presents. Don’t wait for the prices to rise again. Christmas can be expensive, so act early.
- Check out the deals you want to go after ahead of time, the big stores will all list their best discounts before they begin.
- Do your research – some retailers use Black Friday to sell off older and lower spec electrical items, often with huge discounts, making them attractive. Find out beforehand what features you need so you don’t accidentally buy the wrong item.
- Sign up to PayPal/update your card details before the day – that way you’ll enjoy a faster checkout, without having to enter your bank details every time.
- If you choose Click & Collect, make sure you keep a note of what you bought and where.
Enjoy yourself and be shameless! Black Friday only comes along once a year, so be well prepared to tick off your bucket list and make some ridiculous savings.