lastminute Hints & Tips
Jet off for less with some incredible lastminute deals, and to make the most of your money it’s worth checking out these tidy money-saving tips:
- Make use of the lastminute deal finder, where you can pop in your dream destination and when you want to head off, and you’ll find the best deals on offer for that holiday.
- Being flexible is a great way to find a bargain on holidays, whether you don’t mind when you jet off, or you don’t have a set destination in mind, you can find incredible getaways for wonderful prices.
- The homepage is packed full of incredible lastminute discounts, so it’s worth checking it out for the biggest holiday savings, competitions and a little inspiration.
- Get yourself signed up to the newsletter to get all the biggest and best lastminute offers sent straight to your inbox, and all you need to do is pop in your email address.
What are Top Secret Hotels?These are hotels that are available for up to 40% less. You will know everything about the hotel and what it offers, but the name of the hotel won’t be given. For further details check the terms and conditions.
What time is hotel check-in? and when is check-out?Check-in and check-out times vary between hotels. However, you can typically check-in from 14:00, and checkout will be up to 11:00.
Can I get a refund if I cancel my flight + holiday package?Yes. The amount you’d be refunded will depend on your hotel and airline’s cancellation and refund policy.To avoid handling fees when you’re seeking a refund, buy one of lastminute.com’s Assistance Packages.
How do I modify a booking with lastminute?You can request to make changes to your booking in your customer account. This includes changes to names, dates and times of flights, adding baggage and cancellation requests. More booking information can be found here.
Do lastminute.com have discount codes?Yes. With a number of exclusive offers at MyVoucherCodes, it’s worth using a last minute discount code. There are offers for flights, hotels and package holidays.
How do I apply my lastminute.com promotion codes?
You’ve discovered a fantastic lastminute.com promotion code. Now, how do you use it?
Here are some step by step instructions to follow:
- Pay a visit to the MyVoucherCodes lastminute.com page and click on the deal you want to reveal the code. A separate window will appear, showing you the lastminute.com discount code.
- Copy it and return to the previous window. You will have already been taken automatically to the lastminute.com website.
- Browse the website and select your holiday package or deal. Make sure that it corresponds with the voucher code you’ve selected.
- Once you have customised your trip, you will be redirected to the checkout page. Scroll all the way to the bottom where you will see the question ‘Do you have a discount code or voucher?’.
- To apply your lastminute.com promotion code click on the question and enter your code. When you click ‘Apply’, the total amount should change automatically.
- Proceed with the rest of your checkout, make your payment and start looking forward to your hard earned holiday.
What seasonal deals does lastminute.com offer?
If you’re keen to take advantage of massive savings, be sure to visit lastminute.com on Black Friday. The lastminute.com Black Friday sale is going to be bigger than ever this year. Expect deals on holidays to locations far and wide – and the deals won’t end there. The lastminute.com Cyber Monday sale is also something to look forward to if you don’t manage to book your holiday on Black Friday.
Mark it on your calendar. Black Friday will take place on 29 November 2019, with Cyber Monday following on 2 December 2019.
Still yet to plan your Christmas break? You’ll find a variety of Christmas offers on the lastminute.com website. These holidays are geared towards granting you the opportunity to explore Europe's infamous traditional Christmas markets. What a way to get into the Christmas spirit!
The Best City Breaks at lastminute.com
While sunshine, beaches and long days by the pool sound nice, sometimes you want something a little different. For the perfect weekend away, it’s all about the city break. With so many stunning cities spread across Europe, you’ve got so much choice.
We’ve put together a few ideas on where to, and what to do with your time off this year, with some of the best cities to check out.
ParisA beautiful city, filled with culture, food and fun, you can’t go wrong with a stunning city break to Paris. From must-see institutions like the Eiffel Tower, to stunning walks along the beautiful Seine, there’s never a dull moment in Paris.
Have a look at some of the cultural hotspots, from the Arc de Triomphe and the Notre Dame cathedral, to the eerie experience that is a walk through the catacombs. Paris is a city soaked in history, and it’s well worth a look. Not to mention the Louvre, one of the most famous galleries in the world is in town, so art fans have something to look forward to.
Fun for the whole family isn’t hard to find either, with Disneyland Paris, the kids will have an absolute ball with their favourite characters, while Asterix park makes a superb alternative.
VeniceVenice is a beautiful place to visit, it’s not every day you see a city paved with water. For holiday-makers there’s always staples like a gondola ride down the Grand canal that you don’t want to miss out on. But you’ve also got cultural hotspots like St Mark's Basilica and Doge’s Palace.
With stunning food and wine tours, you can travel with your taste buds in mind and treat them to some of the finest flavours Italy has to offer. With Italy being famous for its cracking cuisine, it’s something you’ll want to experience.
With beautiful architecture all over the place, you’ll never be short of things to do. Not to mention, for those looking to get stuck into the history, there’s the Correr Civic Museum and The Peggy Guggenheim Collection to have a look at. There’s something for everyone.
AmsterdamAmsterdam is a city that is truly brimming with culture. With incredible museums all over the place, you have so much to choose from. With the Van Gogh museum, the Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam Museum and the hugely popular Heineken Museum, there’s so much to see and do.
For some more history, there’s popular tourist destinations like Ann Frank's house, Rembrandt’s house and more. For a spot of something more scientific, there’s the NEMO science museum.
A walk through the city centre is an experience. With everything from the beautiful canal, the Vondelpark, and the red-light district to see, it truly is an adventure. It’s well worth having a look around.
DublinFor those looking for a stay a little closer to home, Ireland is a fantastic choice. Dublin is a wonderful city with stunning cultural and historical experiences like a trip to Dublin castle, or St. Patrick's cathedral, you can see some truly stunning sights.
Being the home of the world-famous Guinness, you don’t want to pass up a trip to the Storehouse. There’s also the Jameson Distillery, so you can see how some world-class drinks are made.
For fans of the arts, there’s the wonderful National Gallery of Ireland, with a selection of stunning pieces that any art fan will enjoy. And for something different, take a trip to the national wax museum.
Whatever it is you’re looking for, it’s well worth checking out MyVoucherCodes. With the latest deals and offers on city breaks with lastminute, you could save yourself a bundle on your next holiday.